The Research People is a humanitarian consultancy firm based in London working to support local humanitarian action and to develop robust tools for assessing outcomes. Our work focuses on three thematic areas: local humanitarian action, field innovation and decision making. We deliver research, evaluations, learning reviews and strategic support to humanitarian agencies responding to emergencies across Africa and Asia. Our goal is to deliver outstanding humanitarian consultancy that promotes more effective local response.
We are remote team based in the UK, Uganda, India, Egypt, South Sudan and Kenya. We work together through regular Skype meetings, Slack communication and bi-annual team retreats. We are therefore looking for someone who is self-motivated and confident working remotely.
We are looking for an operations assistant to join our team. This position is initially part time (up to 2 days per week for six months at a salary of £20-24k pro-rata). Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 July 2019.
Finance and bookkeeping
- Send invoices and keep track of monthly accounts receivable
- Process bills
- Manage team expenses in expensify
- Process payroll
- Complete tax forms
up to 3 hrs per week
Administrative support to projects
- Administrative support for projects including following up with contracts, invoicing, and data security processes
- Implementing processes for health & safety and risk analysis
- Liaise with project managers on expenses and budgets
- Providing logistics support for field work e.g. booking flights, accommodation and visas
up to 5 hours per week
Team meetings and company reports
- Schedule team meetings, write minutes and follow up on action points
- Track monthly KPIs
- Special projects as needed
1-2 hrs per week (plus special projects as needed)
Skills and experience
We're looking for a team player; someone who will be proactive in communicating with clients, consultants and team members, and who has a good eye for detail. You'll be the face of the company for people who have questions and will help us in maintaining a warm and supportive environment for our remote team.
The following skills are important:
- Implementing organisational processes
- Providing administrative support to projects
- Bookkeeping (experience using Xero is an advantage)
- Experience supporting the wellbeing of a busy team
- Proven ability to work independently with a remote team